For the first time at the PCIM Europe 2021, we will be focusing on a specific country: the United States. On this occasion, we asked our long-standing exhibitors operating in the US for their assessment of the US market, especially with regard to the power electronics industry.
- How long has your company been operating in the US?
Danfoss Silicon Power has been offering customized power modules in the American market for more than 15 years.
- How important is the United States as a sales and distribution market for your company in Europe?
Since Danfoss Silicon Power primarily specializes in customer-specific or application-specific solutions, the area of electric drives in XEV vehicles is particularly interesting and the US market has also become more important for us in recent years.
- In your opinion, in which industries has the US market been leading in recent years?
Danfoss Silicon Power is the technology leader in power module applications for electric vehicle drives.
- What makes the US special as an industrial partner in power electronics? What is the most important advantage for you?
Danfoss Silicon Power has established the most modern factory for power modules in the US with its production facility in Utica, NY, and with this step follows the Danfoss strategy of local production. This is not only a clear commitment by Danfoss to the US market, it also positions us excellently at a time when import duties have become the norm.
“Danfoss Silicon Power has established the most modern factory for power modules in the US with its production facility in Utica, NY.”
- Other applications
- High power converters
- Energy storage
- Renewable energies
- Power semiconductor devices
- Thermal management
- Power supply systems
- USA Special
- Electrical drives
- Power electronic converters