For the second, the PCIM Europe 2023 we will be focusing on a specific country: the United States. On this occasion, we asked our long-standing exhibitors operating in the US for their assessment of the US market, especially with regard to the power electronics industry.
- How long has your company been operating in the US?
Plexim Inc. has had an office in the USA since 2010.
- For what reasons did you decide to locate in the US?
We have direct access to the local market there and can therefore serve our customers faster and better with local personnel.
- In which market areas do you see growth opportunities in the US?
In my opinion, the US market offers growth opportunities mainly with the 'Silicon Valley' high technology companies.
- What are the strengths of the US market in the power electronics industry sector?
Silicon Valley's high-tech companies support many projects and start-ups, be it in renewable energy or electric vehicles.
- In your opinion, what can German companies learn from US companies in general?
Particularly in the field of electromobility, it is clear that "keeping it up" is not the best solution. More courage and commitment to implement new ideas faster would be good.
”Particularly in the field of electromobility, it is clear that "keeping it up" is not the best solution.“
- USA Special